New facilities and features:
- Audio recording now built into the system - allowing voice recording from anywhere
- Video recording for teachers allows creation of mini-video clips
- Ability to grab images directly into the VLE from Flickr (single click)
- Learning spaces/classes can now be co-authored
- Ability to publish a school website from within the VLE
- Multi-month calendar views
- New feature to allow student and teacher blogs
- More specialised themes for ages 9+ (introduced in v15.1 the following week)
- Playlist exports and music/podcast sharing
- We've improved the client-side runtime speed of the system
- Initial support for Internet Explorer 9
- A new 'virtual' web browser to allow "safe surfing" inside the VLE itself (CEOP enabled)
- New handwriting practice tool
- Image tracing program
Research and ongoing modules:
- BETA: “Homework Streams” allow teachers to create homework easily
- BETA: Google Earth explorer allows map scripting and overlay tools for teachers
- BETA: Turtle/Robot and LOGO programming tool
- BETA: “My Learning Bridge” is a tool underway to allow multi-school linkup’s to share content and courses.
Of course, there are literally hundreds of minor changes and tweaks which have been applied at the request of schools and 3rd parties. All clients will receive our Spring Newsletter on 15th February detailing all the changes, features and taking a look at how to make use of these new features in your lessons.
Users will be pleased to know that we'll be launching a new "Best practice vlog" which will be a Video Blog of over 50 things you can do on the system in one minute clips. An ideal way of finding out common tricks and tips to aid in using your learning platform to it's maximum potential - and making learning fun too!
Enjoy - The team @ My Learning
Did you know where we get our versions names from? Amazonian Butterflies.... Version 15 is entitled "Adelpha" representing a common, but unusual species found in Central America. Why not learning about them?