Monday, 29 March 2010
Most importantly, we now support Persian (Farsi) language characters and translations. You will find Farsi listed under the Iranian flag inside the learning platform.
For our Irish friends, we now have preliminary Irish Gaelic which was added on Friday 27th March.
We have also added Belarusian, Swahili, Malay and Macedonian.
Let us know how you get on!
Saturday, 27 March 2010
The old gallery has been removed, and replaced with a much smarter, faster and feature rich gallery browser. Existing users can access it by clicking their "Images" button or menu.
For those with an interest in 3D, we also have a 3D photo wall replacement.
Please note that these new features will require Flash Player 9 or above. If you have still not upgraded to Flash Player 9, now may be a good time to do so as many other internet application providers are encouraging schools to upgrade!
Friday, 26 March 2010
We have released a new search box which allows you to list all the students, teachers and year groups with a single click.
It is now even easier to add, remove and edit students within groups.
Students also benefit from the same tool.
Thursday, 25 March 2010
So, we re-wrote the entire system; and now users can choose the same login name no matter which school they are from. So, go ahead; and make up some crazy login names!
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
For example, if a teacher simply wanted to run through some existing content for a presentation; or to assign some homework and ask students to take part in an activity.
The good news is that all schools now have that feature!
School administrators will find a new icon in their shared files called "Activities". This is a directory structure, with thumbnails, listing over 2,700 individual activities on your platform (depending upon which version of My Learning you use).
Now, any user on the system can browse this Key Stage tree, and click once to activate their content directly on-screen.
It's a great way of students being easily able to access content, and much less formal than building courses. Ideal for younger learners.
Monday, 1 March 2010
After two weeks of testing, and a few late nights from our developers... we present Version 12 of the My Learning Suite:
- Faster language support with client side caching
- Improvements to HTML code compliance (XHTML)
- A re-written user import tool which is much smarter
- Welsh language support (Irish to follow shortly)
- Updated right-to-left text rendering for Arabic and Farsi text
- New user search tools and user directory browser
- Context sensitive online help has been updated
- 7 new themes for older users and teacher accounts
- New school notice board feature!
- New school shared sticky notes too
- All users now have a dashboard on their homepage
- Improved mini-calendar now available
- Introduction of "Recent documents" for all users
- Many little graphical tweaks and technical nonsense things...